How to Convert Metric to Imperial
Conversion is simply a matter of multiplying by the right number.
Follow these steps:
- 1. Find the right conversion number (see Metric - Imperial Conversion Charts)
- 2. Multiply
- 3. You may need to neaten up the answer by expressing it in larger or smaller imperial measures
Some examples will help:
Example: What is 2,000 meters in Imperial?
1. In the chart it shows that 1 m = 1.0936 yd (yards)
2. Multiply 2,000 x 1.0936 = 2187 yd
3. Thats a lot of yards, but we know that 1760 yards is 1 mile, so we could also call it 1.24 miles, or even 1 mile and 427 yard
Example: What is 50 cubic meters (m3) in Imperial?
1. In the chart it shows that 1 m3 = 1.3080 yd3 (cubic yards)
2. Multiply 50 x 1.3080 = 65.4 yd3
3. Looks Good !